Weapons - Throughout the Seven Years War, the NY provincials were allowed and actually encouraged to bring their own firearms with them in the service of the crown. In 1758, Governor DeLancey offered to reimburse any provincial soldier whose personal weapon became lost or damaged in the provincial service. The next year, the offer to reimburse for a lost or damaged firelock was set at twenty-five shillings sterling. Those that were without a firelock, more common amongst city dwellers than the frontier settlers, were issued from the King’s stores.
"Forasmuch as a great number of men who shall enlist, or be engaged in the forces in the pay of this province, will be possessed of good arms of their own, which it is apprehended they will prefer to those furnished by the Crown, not only from their being much lighter, but as from their being accustomed to them, they will be much surer of their Mark with those, than with Arms they never handled before;....And as a powder horn, shot bag with a case for the lock are thought more proper for the present service than the common accouterments, the Men are also to come provided therewith." - Governor James DeLancey, April 8, 1758
Because they were bringing their own firelocks, it can be reasoned they would not have had bayonets. Even those who carried firelocks from previous wars would probably not have kept the bayonet or would have used it for other purposes, rendering it useless as a weapon. One possibility though could be the plug bayonet. Although they were not used by the regular forces, soldiers of earlier wars could have brought them into the service of the provincials.
Equipment - Most of the equipment used by the provincial troops was provided by themselves. Based on the supply lists of the NY provincials, we know that the New York Assembly provided for camp kettles, tents and poles, haversacks, rugs and blankets and canteens. They supplied the clothing as listed above and they provided disposable goods.
Provincial troops were generally used as construction forces as members of the provincial forces possessed the skills and trades required, while the regular British troops generally lacked these skills. As construction workers, the provincial troops were issued the required tools by the colony. These tools were returned at the end of the annual campaigns.